Friday 11 July 2014

Friday, 11th July

Some photos from our walk through Lancaster and along the Lancaster Canal. My daughter went to University in Lancaster, so I enjoyed seeing some familiar places.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Greatly enjoyed my two days at home (although did not set foot in my own house, due to End to End rules).
I was interviewed by Tameside Radio and, as a result, Gary from 'Mr. G's Barbershop' in Denton generously sponsored me a haircut, cut-throat shave and hot towel. Thank you so much, Mr. G! So, I now look a little more recognisable. 

 I spent some time at the Coffee Lounge, which is a coffee shop run by my church (Ashton Church of the Nazarene). Lots of friends from church came in to see me. It was a very hot day, so it was nice just to sit outside and chat, very encouraging.
The money keeps coming in from individuals and groups. I can't possibly mention everyone by name, but sincere thanks to all.
The second half of my adventure has now begun. Today, I walked to Frodsham with my friend, Tony, and my brother, Brian. Tony is heading home tomorrow and Brian will continue with me towards Chester.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.