Wednesday 16 July 2014

We have now walked on from Chester to  a small Welsh village called Penycae. We stayed at the Nazarene church manse and enjoyed spending time talking with the people there. I had a rest day on the Monday at Penycae, Carl Lauren and Rebekah were able to come down and spend a couple of hours with me so once again I have enjoyed being able to spend some time with my family. At this point Brian returned home and Luke and Phil joined me.
Tuesday we set off on Offa's Dyke path and walked in and out of wales along the rolling hills and eventually reached Oswestry to stay in the Methodist church, thank you so much for the wonderful Shepherd's pie. In the evening we had a leisurely stroll around the town, saw the ruined Oswestry castle and enjoyed a bag of chips!(Fries) As we walk along the dyke path we see views of the river Severn and have to tackle some quite steep hills.
I must just mention Chris Horton, the manager of Shrewsbury Arms near Frodsham, he very kindly opened his establishment just for us and provided us with tea and biscuits, thanks Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.