Saturday 21 June 2014

Saturday, 21st June

Saturday, 21st June - I have now walked the entire length of the West Highland Way, and left that behind me today. Although I am proud of that accomplishment, I am a little sad to leave some of the breath-taking scenery behind me, as I know that I have a lot of rather boring road-walking ahead of me fairly soon.
Matt and Gary have now finished their leg and returned back home. I am grateful to them for taking time out of their lives to join me on part of this adventure.
Today, Nathan Payne joined me for a day of walking. Nathan was a teenager in the youth group, at Ashton Church of the Nazarene, when Ruth and I were running the group back in the '90s. He is now a pastor at a Nazarene church in Scotland. It was great to spend some time with him, now that he is "all grown up".
Tonight, I am delighted to be spending the night in the home of my daughter-in-law's parents. Thank you so much, Bill and Angie, for your generous hospitality.
Tomorrow, my friend David Fisher will join me for a week.
Thanks for all the kind comments, messages and texts. They help to keep me going!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.