Thursday 19 June 2014

Thursday 19th June

Thursday 19th June - Sorry that I haven't posted anything for a few days. Ruth's leg of this journey came to and end, as planned, so the two of us spent two wonderfully relaxing days at a Catholic Prayer Retreat Centre. Thank you so much to all those who made our stay there so peaceful and enjoyable, and also thank you for your generous donation. Ruth and I both feel stronger and fitter than when we began. Our blisters and Ruth's knee are both completely healed. Thank you for your prayers for this. Ruth is now spending a night with our daughter-in-law's parents, before catching the train back down to Manchester tomorrow.
Matt and Gary (friends from church) joined me yesterday at Crianlarich and will walk with me for the next few days. I am happy to have their company. Today, the three of us walked down the east side of beautiful Loch Lomond.
Tonight, we are sleeping in an old chapel that has been converted into a bunk house. We are sharing with walkers from all over the world. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to watch the England game, although less than thrilled with the result...obviously.
I am so thankful for the glorious weather we have been experiencing. Only one wet day so far!
Thank you again for all of your support and prayers. It means so much.
Matt and I at the bunkhouse

Loch Lomond

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.